Synergy product update — September 2021 — New SynergyHROctober 18th, 2021
Halloween may be near, but this release has no spooky surprises just some great treats, from us to you! We’ve updated features like CRM and the Outlook add-in. We’ve worked hard to make your everyday tasks, including WIP transfers, and viewing to-dos, a little easier. This month it’s the little things that have gone the longest way. Read about all the changes below.
UPDATE — SynergyCRM
- When adding a new opportunity, there will now be the option to select an office. Only offices that are allocated on your staff profile will appear
- On the CRM project screen, activity will be created every time an email is saved using the Outlook add-in
- If the ‘Connect to Outlook’ functionality in the Organisation tab is enabled, you will be able to download the email directly from the page — Read more
- When you create a new call type activity it’s defaulted to the primary contact and will show all numbers associated with them — Read more
UPDATE — Outlook add-in
- Once the Outlook settings have been configured, any email can be filed on send and will have a category attached to it
UPDATE — Project schedule
- There is now functionality that enables you to bulk assign a staff member across stages in a project for their role — Read more
UPDATE — To-do’s
- The title on a to-do is now hyperlinked and will take you to the page where it was created
UPDATE — Project portals
- Documents and images are now able to be sorted in the portal. Click on the column names at the top to sort the documents
UPDATE — Rates
- There is a new column that has been added on the rates page called ‘Category’. There are three categories to choose from: Internal, External, and Expenses.
- The category column will also appear in the Project rate pages and in the Report module — Read more
UPDATE — Project financials
- Discipline and cost centre filters have been added to the Project financials page. When you have used the filters, they will remain across the view
UPDATE — Document templates
- A new grouping option has been added to the Fee details table called ‘Staff name/Rate value’. It will allow for the number of units and staff name combination to be shown on the invoice
UPDATE — Transactions
- WIP transfers can now be completed on the default screen. Read more
UPDATE — Fixes + improvements
- A check box has been added in the office settings in Projects and invoices which will allow you to override auto-assigned invoice and credit numbers — this is selected by default, but can be unchecked manually — Read more
- An error in timesheets will appear if a staff member is not assigned to the rate they have entered when you try to approve it
- Staff must now have an equal or higher access level to be able to terminate another staff’s profile or change their access level in Synergy. E.g., a director will not be able to change the security/end date for an Assistant admin + System admin.
A new Total Synergy Community will be launching soon! This community will allow you to interact with the Total Synergy staff and other customers in ways you never have before. You will be able to ask questions, share ideas, learn about best-practice, and hear about new features.