Manage project progress online, assign tasks via work breakdown structure, analyze profitability.
Visualize project stages and tasks, assign tasks to team members, incorporate rates, fees, and contacts. Share documents with clients and partners via the secure project portal.
Key benefits of using Synergy practice management software for your projects:
- Total project information management
- Prepare accurate, case-based proposals
- Billable and non-billable projects
- Compare fees, WIP, budgets to invoices
- Analyze profitability at multiple levels
- Connect contacts by project relationship
Find out how Synergy can help you manage your projects
Synergy helps architects and engineers — and many other built environment design industry consultants like surveyors, planners and construction designers — get organized with secure, mobile, cloud project information management.
Synergy projects let you untether from your desk and office. You and your team can access projects on any web-enabled device — desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone, PC and Mac.
Collaborate with clients, contractors and industry partners through Synergy project portals. Assign secure access and know everyone is working on the same documents and communicating transparently.
AEC project management
To manage project work, the Synergy work breakdown structure lets architecture, engineering and construction design teams run projects in either a simple task view, or in full breakdown of phases, stages and tasks. Tasks can be assigned from the work breakdown structure to each project team member. Project progress is displayed in colored progress bars under each stage and task.
Your staff can view their assigned tasks on their dashboard and start activity timers either from here or the work breakdown structure. Task details are automatically added to the timesheet entry, and notes can be added inline on the task.
Synergy projects give you:
- Financial view of each project comparing fees and budgets against invoiced values
- Project information management is simple with document control and shared access to project portals
- Stay abreast of project activity via the project feed showing activity and communications
- Simple projects with task-only view
- Full project work breakdown structure showing phases, stages, tasks and budgets
- Visual progress bar to illustrate stage and task headway
- Jump to project chats, comments and other project communications in the project portal, like shared images, documents and invoices
- Track costs and revenue in real time
- Non-billable projects — account for the time you put into your business as a budgeted project
- See project images in the Synergy image gallery — assign tags for simple search, share selected images to the project portal for team interaction
- Project profitability, charge recovery, and project progress automatically calculated for each stage in a handy summary view
"Project managers can see how their projects are performing, with more efficiency."
Logan McLennan | Ground Testing Business Manager, RDCLSee all stories
More benefits of Synergy projects
Additional benefits of Synergy projects for architects and engineers include:
- Integrated project management and accounting
- Individual project editing from project list without having to drill in
- Create project templates with pre-populated fees, tasks and settings
- New projects automatically create defined document folders
- Add project contacts on the fly with quick add
- Generate, store and share documents within each project
- Transfer invoices, expenses and payments between Synergy and third party accounting add-on applications like Xero, MYOB and QuickBooks Online
- Easily visualize project performance with clear charts and graphs
- Set rates specific to projects or contacts
- Fee types include fixed, time and materials, capped, and percentage of contract value
SharePoint add-on for Synergy
The SharePoint add-on for Synergy provides a real-time back-up of Synergy project data in SharePoint. The project folder structure in Synergy is replicated in SharePoint, as are the security access levels for each project folder. Also known as SharePoint for document control, the integration between Synergy and SharePoint enables even better collaboration and document control for architecture, engineering, and construction design project teams.